DRDO Recruitment 2019 for engineers is currently underway, and there are 40 vacancies for the positions of Scientist C, D, E and F. The recruitment is being carried out by Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC), and the online link for the same was made available on 29 June 2019. Selected candidates would be eligible for a salary of Rs 67,700 up to Rs 1,31,100 based on the grade. The last date for online application would be 19 July 2019 5 pm IST. Candidates could try and apply earlier to avoid rush and server issues on the last date.
Who can Apply for the DRDO Recruitment 2019 for Engineers?
Engineers from various streams, holding the relevant experience can apply for the scientist vacancies. The postings are not open for freshers or graduates of other disciplines. There are vacancies for candidates with a first class bachelor’s degree in mechanical, production, production and industrial, aeronautical, or aerospace engineering, electronics and communication, electronics and telecommunication, electronics, or telecommunication engineering, computer science engineers, and candidates with fire engineering, fire technology and safety engineering, or safety and fire engineering. More on the eligibility has been mentioned in previous stories published on Dataquest.
How to Apply for the DRDO Recruitment 2019 for Engineers?
The only mode of application is online and the link for the same has been made available on the official RAC website. Only Indian nationals can apply for the vacancies. Furthermore, the online application form will not work in Internet Explorer web browser. Recommended web browsers are Mozilla Firefox version 55 and Google Chrome version 55 or higher.
- The first step of online application form submission is “Registration”. It is mandatory to register before filling the application form. Submitting wrong or incomplete data will lead to disqualification as candidates will be selected via computer-based automatic shortlisting. Furnishing wrong information could lead to permanent disqualification from DRDO.
- Online application form is spread over sections namely Basic, Personal, Educational, Training, Employment, Others, Documents, Fee and Lock, which need to be filled. Fields that are marked with an asterisk are mandatory, and candidates can ‘save’ the data that has been filled.
- The relevant certificates need to be in the PDF, jpeg or jpg files where size of individual file should not exceed 500 Kb. The uploaded documents should not be password protected, and the photograph of the candidate should be clear.
- General, OBC and EWS male candidates are required to pay a non-refundable non-transferable application fee of Rs 100 payable online only. However, there is no application fee for SC, ST, Divyang and Women candidates. Candidates are advised not to refresh or click back during fee payment process.
- Once the complete biodata is filled, and all the documents are uploaded, candidates can press the ‘lock application’ button. Only locked applications will be considered for further processing, says the RAC website.
For online registration link of DRDO recruitment 2019 for engineers and more information on the jobs available and guidelines on filling the online application, candidates can visit https://rac.gov.in.